Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Good-bye Household Goods!

Did you know the stuff in your house is Household Goods?  I have the ability to take 17,500 pounds with me to the War College, anything over that, I pay big bucks for.  How exactly does one go about knowing how many pounds of household goods one has, you ask?  Yeah, I'm asking that same question.

Can I tell you about packers and movers?  They are not the same thing.  The packers pack and the movers move.  I know this is a simple concept, but I didn't know there were two teams.  Can I tell you how thankful I am for the movers and packers?  At 8:30am last Friday morning, 5 packers came and conquered all my household goods by 1:30, complete with a pizza break.  Julia was my ambassador of good will, she won them all over by taking and filling coffee orders.  I was chatting with the packer of my kitchen and I asked him how he doesn't get overwhelmed, I would just sit and cry.  He said that he just does it little by little and gets it all done.  Those boys could move boxes too!  Two huge boxes at at time, on his back!  I wish I took a picture of them moving those boxes like that, but I did grab a pic of the Man Cave with boxes stacked high....



Then there are the movers.  Three movers came Monday morning around 8.  They stacked that truck with such precision that I don't think you could have put a piece of paper between anything in that truck.  The furniture was wrapped with what looked like the heavy duty Saran wrap that I used to wrap ice to my athletes after practices and games, only bigger.  It was quite fascinating to see them work like puzzle-makers inside that truck with the boxes and furniture.  They pulled out with the truck filled about 1pm.  Amazing!


Then reality sets in.  We have moved out of the County.  The people that we have met, and hopefully will return to after this year is over, are some of the most amazing people that I have ever met.  They welcomed us outsiders with open arms and we are forever grateful.  As Mark and I were pondering this, Randy, husband to Mark's sister Dawn, calls and says...How about a bonfire at our house with the Seekins crew?  In all my exhaustion, this was just about the most wonderful thing I could think of!  What a fun night of laughter to off set the sadness of our day.


Our plan is to head to Carlisle on July 9th, after the girls' dentist appointments, arrive on the 10th to our new house, and our stuff will arrive on the 11th!

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot...our household goods,  estimated at 10,000 pounds, exact number to be determinted.  How they figured that, I have no idea, but I'm thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment