Thursday, March 21, 2013

US Army War College Oral Comprehensive Exam

Mark here.

The oral comp exam was a cumulative test over all the subjects we covered during the academic year up to this point.  It was stressful in preparation but the three professor panel made the experience rather casual for the exam.  The focus of the oral exam was similar to defending your thesis. As much of our conversation centered around my research project which was Civil Military Cooperation for Counter Terrorism With In the United States.  I was excited to do that research project because it combined parts of both my Army and State Police world.  Preparation for the exam included studying our courses on Strategic Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Theories of War and Strategy, National Security Strategy, Defense Enterprise Management, Theater Strategy and Campaigning and other related research and topics.  The exam, although stressful in prep, ended up being a neat experience to discuss all that we learned and attempting to relate our learning to the current situations in the world.  I was never so happy than to hear those two words as they asked me to come back into the room after discussing my performance, YOU PASSED!!  Now I am looking to enjoying spring break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment