Thursday, July 19, 2012

Seminar 10

The War College is divided into 23 (I think) seminars.  Last night we found out that Mark is in Seminar 10.  Your seminar is your hub.  There is a softball league and your seminar is your team.  There are multiple get togethers with your seminar.  These are the people that you will get to know the best.  Oh yeah, and they learn in their seminar too.  :)  Each seminar has a room, Mark's will meet in Root Hall room #B319, with a conference table and the students sit around and discuss the reading from the previous night, or a lecture they would have heard, or what the seminar leader leads with.  It was pretty exciting to get an e-mail last night from the seminar leader welcoming the students to the War College and Seminar 10.  It explained that they will meet for the first time on Monday, August 6th, and have a meet and greet with families on the 8th.

Yesterday Mark went to the library and picked up his books.  As he ooo-ed and ahhh-ed, I stifled yawns.  I'm not thinking there is any danger of me stealing one of his books....

Here they are!  Wow!
 We got our name tags.  The last time I had to wear a name tag like this was when I was at Word of Life Bible Institute.  I think the main reason we had to wear them was for the RAs to be able to send the demerits to the correct mailbox.  I'm very thankful there will be no demerits this year and that I will be able to "remember" peoples' names!


Our stuff did not come today like we were hoping, but the driver of the truck where our stuff is currently residing called us late this morning to say he was on the way to Carlisle!!  He should be here at 7:30 tomorrow morning!  Mark and I hung up our TV mount in anticipation of not only the TV arriving but also the Comcast guy coming tomorrow.  Yay!  Looks like I'll be able to watch Opening Ceremonies from my comfy couch.



I just found out that I can order Chinese from the awesome (the neighbors say it's great!!) little restaurant up the road online which totally is made for me and my dislike of talking on the phone.  So, I'm off to try it out!  I have to make sure that their Chicken Lo Mein is good.  We have missed Kwong Lee in Pittsfield badly so I'm hoping this will be a good Carlisle substitute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment