Friday, March 16, 2012

Orientation News

I'm driving between piano lessons and the grocery store and realize that I have a few new e-mails.  I promise I didn't look long, but enough to know that Mark had received an information about orientation for the War College.  We knew that it was going to happen, but didn't know all the details, story of my life!  :)  But this was the e-mail that I was waiting for, details!  And as I'm driving down the road, I can't help myself.  I promise I didn't look long.  Promise.

The big question about the orientation was if I was expected to be there.  And YES!  I am going.  In true Army fashion there was an itinerary attached, complete with hotel information and dress attire for each of the sessions.  There are some things I love about the military, expected dress code and itineraries are two of them.

After re-conning the hotel room and requisitioning Mark's sister to keep the kiddos (totally had to twist her arm...haha), I'm getting excited about this trip.  We head out exactly 1 month from today, April 16th.  Orientation starts on the 17th.  From the itinerary, it looks like we will be able to tour housing on post and off post as well, but we'd really like to be on post for the sake of ease and community.

I do have to mention one more detail that is pretty awesome.  Each new student gets assigned a sponsor, who is a current student, to answer questions and to make everything easy and personable.  Mark got an e-mail from his sponsor yesterday and he is a soldier that Mark served with in Iraq.  What a small world and what a blessing also!

Today Mark is busy filling out needed paperwork for a Top Secret security clearance.  It makes it so much more real as all these details are falling into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment